Skip to main content

Tech Tip: Word Counter


I knew that there were many chrome extensions but I never thought that one as simple as a word counter would become so handy. I have always had to use a word counter website to find out my word count if I'm writing in-browser, so this extension comes as a sweet relief to those extra steps. 

I usually am the type to write the bare minimum, not that I have trouble reaching that, I just don't always have time to babble on and on so I will check periodically to make sure when I reach it I quickly end my ideas. 

Comments

  1. Callie,

    I really enjoyed learning about word counter. I usually just copy and paste my words into a word document because it automatically counts it there. But, I believe our professor has also mentioned word counter as a beneficial resource for this class. I might just have to get it because it sounds so much easier. I am totally for easily accessible and simple to use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Indian Epics Portfolio Rama rejects Shurpanakha, illustration by Warwick Goble ( Image source )

Introduction to a Horror Movie Lover

Hello everyone, my name is Callie Simonton. I'm a Film and Media studies major currently in my final semester at the University of Oklahoma. I love movies, specifically horror movies. That's a strange niche I know, who in their right mind would choose that genre over the rest? Maybe it's due to the fact that I grew up with them and find even the low budget and cult movies to be an enjoyable experience. Something about the idea of the extensive makeup effects and the creation of paranormal and otherworldly monsters make my interests in horror films even worse. Favorites? The Saw series, those films are just so mind bending and fun to watch. I took a few Horror classes over the last few semesters and I enjoyed every single bit of them. With that in mind, in the future I'm hoping to make or take part in making some horror films as a career. I live with a few roommates in Norman, one of those being my little brother. I have two dogs, both of them are pomskys (Pomeranian ...

Week 12 Story: The Wise Mantis

There was a wise yet strange mantis who lived very lonesomely in an orchid plat near the base of a tree. His neighbors, bless him, were a colony of carpenter ants who lived inside the base of the tree. The mantis was an outcast, he was small and couldn’t even fend for himself when he was put up against other mantises. It was hard for him to find food, in fact, even with food right at his doorstep he was wise to know not to play around with a colony of ants, especially ones with big chommpers and a reputation for getting angry. But, being wise, mantis hatched a plan. He froze, unnmoving, like a stick, right outside the openings of the colony’s empire. He observed, and watched as they worked all day into the night...until work stopped. See, in first hour of darkness the ants would stop working, and exactly a minute before nine, the last ants would arrive one by one with their catch of food for the day. The mantis knew this was his chance to strike, his chance at survival. So the mant...